The mobile gaming industry has seen a major surge due to more indoor time on consumers’ hands
POKKTreported a 39% increase in global mobile game downloads in the month of March 2020.
- Increase in daily average session time to 45 mins from 30 mins.
With people staying indoors and practising social distancing, POKKT reported a 39% increase in global mobile game downloads in the month of March 2020. While industries like travel, hospitality, FMCG have seen a considerable dip in their performance, the
POKKT Mobile Ads works with over 3,000 publishers across the globe, thereby managing in-app advertisements for top games, generating about 700mn monthly unique users coming to their platform. The ad-tech platform has registered that there has been 31% increase in ad requests globally thereby pushing the mobile gaming industry into a stronger growth curve.
Few highlights from the POKKT analysis on the mobile gaming space:
- While Feb 2019 registered 2.9 billion mobile game downloads, March 2020 saw over 4 billion downloads globally
- 22% increase in monthly game downloads whereas pre-COVID, the growth was only 5%
- Increase in daily average session time to 45 mins from 30 mins
- 5-7 times increase in daily number of sessions compared to 3 daily sessions
- Playing time has changed from 2-5PM to 2 to 6 PM + 8 to 10 PM