- Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
Reebokhas launched a new range of plant-based running shoes to mark Earth Day.
Floatride Energy GROW is an industry leading shoe within Reebok´s [REE]GROW category which guarantees at least 50% of the used materials are plant-based. To keep the high-performance standards of the best-in-class running shoe, each component was researched and tested to deliver this innovative product.
Key features include:
- Full performance running feel expected from the Forever Floatride Energy 3 model
- Castor bean midsole delivers responsive and lightweight cushioning
- Comfort flared heel collar and natural rubber outsole is durable and flexible
- BLOOM algae sockliner is molded for increased support and cushioning
- Eucalyptus upper is durable and breathable
- Total weight of 8.1 oz/230g women; 9.7 oz/275g men
"Running in the Reebok Floatride Energy GROW has been an eye-opener in seeing what's possible when you switch from traditional materials to plant-based,” said Joel Charley, COO Midnight Runners UK. “As far as I can tell, there is no sacrifice in performance, and certainly not in style. This no-compromise, sustainable approach is wonderful to experience as Reebok takes steps (no pun intended) towards doing their part for the future of our planet."
Reebok is focusing sustainability efforts under two pillars: [REE]GROW, which focuses on the creation of products from natural materials; and [REE]CYCLED, which focuses on creating products using recycled or repurposed materials. Reebok is committed to reducing virgin polyester from its material mix and eliminating it altogether by 2024.
The Floatride Energy Grow allows you to enjoy your daily allowance of speed with a helping of sustainability. Earth-friendly ingredients and all the lightweight, responsive cushioning, durability and traction you expect delivers for your run and our planet.
The Reebok Floatride grow collection is available now at select Reebok stores and online at shop4reebok.com starting INR 9,999.