All the businesses under The We Company, the $47 billion WeWork owner that could reveal its IPO paperwork any day now
- WeWork, the popular co-working startup, is only one of the companies under The We Company business umbrella.
- Reports indicate that the We Company could publicly file its IPO paperwork as early as this week.
- Originally called WeWork, the startup rebranded under the new name The We Company at the start of 2019 in order to make room for spin-off businesses WeLive, WeGrow, and Rise by We.
- These are the companies under the We Company umbrella, as well as some of the other areas that the company has hinted at expanding into.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The company that operates WeWork's cache of millennial-attracting co-working spaces is set to publicly file its IPO paperwork as soon as this week.The We Company, last valued at $47 billion, confidentially filed to go public in April. Its IPO is highly anticipated by high-stake investors like SoftBank and others in the tech industry curious to see the company's financials and its plan to turn the money-losing business into a sustainable and profitable enterprise.Advertisement
Under CEO Adam Neumann, the We Company has invested in a bizarre range of projects, from turmeric coffee creamer to wave pools. The company itself rebranded - from WeWork to We Company - in January so it could more easily organize and promote its offerings beyond shared office space.
These are the businesses under The We Company umbrella:
WeWork: "To create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living."
WeLive: "To build a world where no one feels alone."Advertisement
WeGrow: "To unleash every human’s superpowers."
Rise by We: "To help people reach their greatest potential."Advertisement
Over the years, the We Company has explored other ideas for expansion that have yet to take shape, from banking services to private yacht charters.
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19