At least one dead, several injured in bomb attack at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan
Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan, on Tuesday, after a car laden with explosives reportedly rammed the gates of the compound, killing at least one and wounding three, according to Kyrgyz national news agency 24.kg.
Kyrgyz security officials described the blast as a terrorist attack, the local AKIpress reports.
The driver of the vehicle reportedly died in the blast, Emergency Response headquarters told 24.kg.
Three embassy employees, all Kyrgyz nationals, were injured, Deputy PM Zhenish Razakov said, according to BBC. They suffered non-life-threatening wounds from shrapnel.
The vehicle reportedly smashed through the gates and exploded in the centre of the compound, close to the ambassador's residence, the Emergencies Ministry told Interfax, cited by RT news agency, which is funded by the Russian government.
Police also confirmed receiving reports of the explosion, saying that first responders have already been dispatched to the site, RT reports.
Screenshot via Google Maps
Screenshot via Google Maps
Several buildings at the compound were damaged and fragments of the car flew into the distance of 200 meters from the explosion, AKIpress reports.
Top Kyrgyz officials including the minister for emergency situations Kubatbek Boronov and Bishkek Prosecutor Kubanychbek Beshekeyev have arrived at the scene of the explosion, AKIpress reports.
AKIpress also quoted the chief of security at the Chinese embassy as saying that there are no injuries among Chinese nationals working at the Embassy - only the attacker died and he was alone in the car.
Forensic experts and the State National Security Committee personnel are working at the scene. Bomb technicians are examining the area, which has been cordoned off.
The GKNB state security service said it was investigating the blast but provided no other details, Reuters reports.
Employees from the Chinese and nearby American embassy were evacuated, the BBC reports.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World