Lok Sabha Elections Results 2019: Bharatiya Janata Party sweeps in indicative leads
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was seen leading with a landslide margin over the main opposition the Indian National Congress (INC), and several others, according to indicative trends of the results of India’s Parliamentary elections.
As of 10:47 am, BJP was leading in 294 seats out of 542 constituencies while Congress took 50 seats, according to the Election Commission of India. BJP appears so confident of winning the elections that it has reportedly invited 20,000 party workers to its headquarters to welcome the Prime Minister.
In Gujarat, BJP has a sweep with 26 out of 26 seats. In Gandhinagar, one of the strongholds for the party. BJP president Amit Shah had 42,0351 votes with a total estimated vote share of 72.8%.
In Karnataka, Bharatiya Janata Party did surprisingly well leading with 23 out of 28 seats, ahead of its Indian National Congress, which had three seats.
In Uttar Pradesh, which has 80 seats, BJP and allies were leading with 57 seats while the Samajwadi Party - Bahujan Samajwadi Party alliance was ahead in 20 constituencies, according to EC. PM Narendra Modi had won 65.19% of the votes in Varanasi, way ahead of his rivals.
BJP also did well in Bihar, leading in 16 of the 37 seats. while its allies Janata Dal-United (JD-U) also led in 15 constituencies and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) in 5, puncturing the Grand Alliance led by the RJD.
For rival Congress, the best performing state so far has been Kerala where its candidates were leading in 16 of the 20 Lok Sabha seats.
The BJP was widely projected to take the majority of the 542 seats in the elections of the Lok Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament, in the latest exit polls. The party and its allies made a sweep in the 2014 elections, winning a majority in the Indian Parliament for the first time.
Popular on BI
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns
- Freshworks IPO
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Instagram Posts
- Mukesh Ambani
- Apple iPhone 13
- Girish Mathrubootham
- ITC Share Price
- OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone
- Upcoming Movies in India
- New Smartphone in India
- Finolex Cables Share Price
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Epic Games
- Elon Musk
- Aditya Birla Sun Life
- Rajasthan PTET 2021 result