Black Money: Unauthorised Disclosure Of Information Can Sabotage Investigation, Says Jaitley
"An unauthorised disclosure of information is fraught with both investigation and economic consequences. They can sabotage the investigation. They can attract sanctions in the form of withholding taxes," he said in a Facebook post following Prime Minister
Lashing out against the Congress for demanding disclosure of names in violation of tax treaties, Jaitley said, "The Congress Party’s stand is understandable. It does not want evidence to be forthcoming in support of the names available with
He also expressed hope that the special investigation team (SIT) will be able to find out the truth. "The NDA Government has had an exemplary record in this matter... It will continue to support the SIT fully and unequivocally in search of truth," he said.
Last week, the government had submitted the details of 627 foreign bank account holders to the Supreme Court in sealed envelopes.
Popular on BI
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life