Tech Mahindra likely to be the worst-hit of all the Indian IT services giants in first quarter
- Tech Mahindra is set to post its first-quarter earnings after market hours on July 27.
- Analysts believe, among the top IT services companies, Tech Mahindra may be the worst hit due to its exposure to the BPO business.
- Tech Mahindra’s revenue in Q1FY21 could see a quarterly drop of nearly 9%.
|Brokerage||Revenue growth expectation|
|Motilal Oswal Securities||-8.5%|
“Tech Mahindra in our coverage universe will likely see the biggest QoQ drop in revenue. This is despite the addition of some inorganic revenues in 1Q,” said Nirmal Bang’s preview.
Dependence on communications vertical
The company’s communication business has been a revenue driver during the past few quarters accounting for more than 40% of its overall income. Much of the quarterly decline expected from the Indian IT services company is with respect to how severely that part of the business has been hit.
Pricing pressure from clients, project ramp downs, and client-specific challenges in BPO are among the minefield that Tech Mahindra will have to navigate this quarter, according to ICICI securities. However, in the long term, the brokerage believes Tech Mahindra’s leadership in the communication vertical will make it a key beneficiary of vendor consolidation in the segment.
“A key thing to monitor would be the receivables situation. Among the companies we cover, Tech Mahindra has the worst numbers. We need to see whether that has undergone further deterioration,” said Nirmal Bang.
Tech Mahindra’s stock price has risen 27% since April to close at ₹652.75 during the last trading session. In comparison, NIFTY IT rose by around 116% during the same time period.
TCS to kickstart lateral hiring and bring back 5% of its employees to offices
Infosys is still on the fence when it comes to making work from home a permanent change
Infosys gives annual guidance of up to 2% growth this year as profit plummets by 4.8% and revenue dips 2% in Q1
Popular on BI
- The best fast chargers you can get for smartphones
- Best smartphones with UFS 3.1 storage
- Best collar mics for video recordings and podcasts
- Best smartphones with 120Hz refresh rate
- Best HDMI switchers you can get for your TV