Flipkart’s latest bet on social commerce will be led by influencers and a 'video-based shopping' experience
Flipkarthas announced its foray into social commerce with 2GUD– which was Flipkart’s independent platform for refurbished goods.
- With the new social commerce venture, 2GUD aims to lead a video-based social experience curating content from influencers on fashion, gadgets and more.
- Through the platform influencers will help consumers in their buying decisions.
The company said that with “low data costs and an increasing market of first-time internet users in Bharat, especially from Tier 2 and 3 cities”, it sees an opportunity for social commerce in India.
“We want the next 200 million customers to be able to experience social commerce comfortably and build their trust on 2GUD as they come on to the platform for an engaging shopping experience. These consumers quite often face trust and style deficits. In a situation like this, recommendations from a person like yourself or an influencer play a critical role. Influencers are changing the landscape of online retail and bringing greater opportunities for social commerce platforms in India,” said Chanakya Gupta, Head of 2GUD at Flipkart.
Through the platform influencers will help consumers in their buying decisions.
Flipkart has been looking at acquiring the next 200 million users of India. For the same, the company has made several developments. Earlier in June 2020, Flipkart had added three new vernacular languages in addition to the use of Hindi and English on its platform – Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
“In the past year, we have introduced multiple solutions under voice, video and vernacular to increase
It’s official – Instagram Reels sets out to capture the TikTok market in India
India’s Vice President launches a social media super app Elyments, which will take on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp
- This Coimbatore-based water pump company has become a case study in one of the world's top MBA schools – INSEAD
- You can now book a ‘full row’ to maintain social distancing on SpiceJet flights
- June sees 3.2X increase over April in average Print ad volumes per day: TAM
- Three things the RBI will have to mull over as it gets ready to announce its monetary policy decision
- PM Modi lays foundation brick at Ram Mandir site in Ayodhya