These are the 6 trends that will define online retail this year
Crystal Cox / Business Insider
- Speaking at Business Insider's IGNITION Defining Retail event, Geoff Ramsey, co-founder and chief evangelist of eMarketer, said to look out for six major online shopping trends in 2020 - including the rise of mobile commerce, frictionless shopping, and decreased shipping times.
- "Mobile is by far the fastest-growing retail commerce channel," he said. "Those phones are really active buying machines."
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
2020 is anticipated to be a transformative year for e-commerce.
Speaking at Business Insider's IGNITION: Defining Retail event on Tuesday, Geoff Ramsey, co-founder and chief evangelist of eMarketer, shared six key trends expected to define online shopping at the beginning of the new decade. Among his biggest hypotheses are the ongoing rise of mobile commerce, as well as the continued domination of Amazon. (Business Insider and eMarketer are both owned by the same company, Axel Springer.)
Here's a closer look at what Ramsey said to look out for in the realm of online shopping this year:
Major e-commerce growth
The rise of mobile shopping
The growth of frictionless commerce
Shifts in digital-advertising spending
Mobile proximity payments
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive
- A market guru explains why real estate, housing and textiles should get some budget boost
- From tax structure rationalisation to expanding EV charging infrastructure, here’s what the industry wants from Budget 2022
- Best smartphones with 3.5mm headphone jack
- Best budget feature-packed TVs in India