A Delta flight was delayed 3 hours after a passenger managed to board without a ticket
- A Delta Air Lines flight was delayed about three hours on Saturday because a passenger managed to board without a ticket.
- The flight eventually departed from Orlando to Atlanta after police were called, the Miami Herald reported.
- A TSA representative told Business Insider that the passenger did go through security, but passengers were re-screened out of caution, Delta said.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A passenger was able to board a flight at Orlando International Airport on Saturday apparently without a ticket.Delta Air Lines confirmed that the person was removed from flight 1516 to Atlanta, which was originally scheduled to leave at 10:20 a.m., because she did not have a ticket. All passengers aboard the flight as well as their luggage had to be re-screened by security personnel. Advertisement
"Delta apologizes to customers of flight 1516 for the delay after a person not ticketed for that flight was removed from the aircraft," a representative said in a statement, according to the Miami Herald.
"Security officials then directed precautionary re-screen of everyone onboard. Delta is working with local law enforcement and the Transportation Security Administration on their investigation and we are conducting our own review of this as well."Despite contrary media reports, the person in question did go through security, a TSA representative told Business Insider.
"We are working with law enforcement to investigate the incident at the plane and will not be providing any additional information at this time," the agency said.The Orlando Police Department told the Miami Herald that they responded to a "suspicious person" call, and asked the person to leave the airport. The FBI was notified, the police said.The flight eventually departed at 1:16 p.m., flight records show, about three hours after scheduled.Advertisement
- Best smart plugs and power strips with Wi-Fi support
- Here’s the list of upcoming bike launches in August 2020
- Best non-electric water purifiers for home
- Airtel-Amazon team up to take on Jio-Microsoft in the battle for India’s cloud market
- Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Modi's speech from Ayodhya