Apple lays off 100 contract recruiters: Report
The recruiters, who are responsible for hiring new employees at the company, were told that the layoffs reflect changes to Apple's business needs, citing
As per the report, though the move is unusual for the California-based tech giant, Apple is not the only company slowing hiring.A
Other tech giants, including
"We do see inflation in our cost structure," CEO Tim Cook was quoted as saying last month.
"We see it in things like logistics and wages and certain silicon components. And we're still hiring, but we're doing it on a deliberate basis," Cook added.
According to the report, not all of the companya�s contractors were let go, and Apple is still keeping its full-time recruiters on board, according to the report. The terminated contractors will receive benefits and pay for two more weeks.
SEE ALSO :
Brazil and Argentina not to replay Football World Cup qualifier
Tamil Nadu to float tender for setting up 100 EV charging stations along highways
Popular on BI
- New SIM card rules from Dec 1 include bulk purchase restrictions – All you need to know
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec
- Resilient India to outperform most global economies in FY24, says Client Associates
- Embrace the winter warmth: Unveiling the benefits and uses of ginger
- Love bombing, AI-powered humour: Dating trends popular with the young