Australian authorities seized the Ruby Princess' black box after a coronavirus outbreak was linked to the cruise ship
- Australian authorities have seized the black box of the Ruby Princess cruise ship, according to an AFP report.
- After being allowed to disembark from the ship on March 19 in Sydney, Australia, Ruby Princess passengers have since been linked to hundreds of COVID-19 cases.
- The COVID-19 Cruise Tracker currently puts the ship at the Port of Kembla, and The Guardian reported that around 1,040 crew members remain onboard.
- Carnival Australia did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Australian police have raided the Ruby Princess, a Princess Cruises ship linked to a deadly outbreak of COVID-19.According to AFP, New South Wales Police's criminal probe into Carnival centers around whether any laws were broken when around 2,700 Ruby Princess passengers were permitted to disembark from the ship in Sydney on March 19. Those passengers have since been linked to hundreds of COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths.
"Police officers entered the Ruby Princess to gather evidence... ships have a black box very similar to international planes and that and other evidence has been seized," NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said, as reported by the AFP.Are you a cruise ship crew member or passenger? Email email@example.com. Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story.
And get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted
- Google India to simplify Play Store policies for games people play on apps