Centre to set up panel to examine issues on royalty rates for major minerals
The members of the panel includes mines secretaries from the states like Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
The Mines Ministry has decided to set up an official committee, "for examining the issues raised by the stakeholders with regard to revision of rates of royalty and dead rent for minerals (other than coal, lignite, sand for stowing and minor minerals)," the mines ministry said in an order.The 11-member committee under the Chairmanship of Mines Additional Secretary will submit the report to the Ministry of Mines after examining the issues raised by stakeholders.
In February, 2018, the mines ministry had set up a study group to revise the rates of royalty and dead rent for minerals.The study group had submitted its report in July last year.
The Ministry of Mines received comments/representations from stakeholders with regard to the revision of rates of royalty. SID DRR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- NASSCOM says Budget 2021 should ensure ESOPs are taxed only when shares are sold
- Asian Paints profit jumps 62% led by a powerful performance in the decorative paint segment
- How to apply for Home First Finance Company IPO
- Cryptocurrency startup BuyUcoin hacked, data of over 3 lakh users leaked
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go with 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor launched starting at ₹63,499