Govt caps maximum retail price of 200ml hand sanitizer at Rs 100 till June
Similarly, price of a 2 ply (surgical) mask has been capped at Rs 8 and that of 3 ply (surgical) mask at Rs 10 till June 30, Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said in a statement.
"The price cap has been imposed taking into account the sharp increase in prices of raw materials used in making of face masks and hand santizer," Paswan said.Earlier this month, the government had declared sanitizers and masks "essential commodities" to prevent hoarding and price manipulation of such goods.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Delhi Budget: Law university, English speaking course on cards for higher education students
- Aurangabad tourism overlooked in Maha budget: Stakeholders
- Delhi govt allocates Rs 1,550 crore in budget for development of unauthorised colonies
- Asus TUF Dash F15 gaming laptop launched starting at ₹1,39,990
- Vedantu plans to hire 2,500 people over the next three months as it take ed-tech to smaller towns