Mercedes-AMG's new GLE 63 S Coupe has 603 horsepower and sports-car acceleration numbers - here's everything you need to know about the ultra-quick SUV
- Mercedes-Benz released the full specs for its newest AMG-tuned SUV - the GLE 63 S coupe -and they're impressive.
- The fastback SUV is equipped with a 4.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 rated at 603 horsepower and 627 foot-pounds of torque, which is more than double the overall power of the standard GLE.
- That combination sends the hulking SUV to 60 mph in only 3.7 seconds, according to Mercedes.
- The GLE 63 S Coupe will go on sale this fall. Mercedes hasn't announced pricing yet, but the 577-horsepower 2019 version starts at $113,000.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Mercedes' newest performance SUV is here, even if the company doesn't call it one. Meet the 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S Coupe, whose rated 603 horsepower will blast it from a standstill to 60 mph in a claimed 3.7 seconds.
The new GLE 63 S Coupe can reach an electronically limited top speed of 174 mph, too - all figures that would be impressive for a sports car, but are truly mind-boggling when attached to a bulky, multi-ton SUV.
The SUV, as you might notice, is called a "coupe" in its formal title, and it's part of the latest polarizing auto-industry trend of SUVs with sloping, fastback rooflines and "coupe" in their names. Plenty of people would rather that term stay reserved for two-door cars as it historically has been, but that hasn't stopped many automakers - creating a market in which the GLE 63 S Coupe sees a lot of SUVs taking a similar approach, from the BMW X6 M Competition to the Porsche Cayenne Coupe.
Scroll down to learn the full specs and details of Mercedes-AMG's latest super-fast SUV: