Ola completes a million rides in the UK and expands to two more cities
Olalaunched its services in two new cities in the UK – Coventry and Warwick.
- Ola is currently operating in 9 cities in the UK.
- It will also offer 50% off on all its rides for the first two weeks in the areas.
“We have learnt a great deal in the last twelve months since the launch, and feel immensely proud that our drivers have already provided over one million rides across the UK,” said Alok Pandya, Ola’s regional manager for the West Midlands, Coventry and Warwick.
Ola will offer 50% off on all its rides in the first two weeks of its operations in these two cities.
Coventry in UK is famous for its ‘black cabs’ for over 70 years now. It also incentivised the switch over to electric cabs. Ola seems to be honouring the tradition of black cabs by being the only app that can be used by both black cabs and private hire vehicles (PHVs) in the area.
In March 2019, Ola expanded to Liverpool, Birmingham and Reading.
Ola already made its presence felt in Australia and New Zealand before moving to Europe.
Ola’s expansion news comes as the company is reportedly going for an IPO soon. The rumours of a possible IPO turned strong after it raised fresh funding of ₹35.88 crores from Seoul-based ARK Ola pre-IPO Fund.
The Bhavish Aggarwal-led company has been actively entering new markets across the world, and had also recently set up a technology hub in the Bay Area.
- Netflix launches Hindi user interface in India — two years after Amazon Prime Video
- Vistara won't back out of contracts with Boeing and Airbus due to coronavirus impact
- COVID-19 cases in India cross 2 million
- Dr Kasturirangan, the mind behind the New Education Policy, used to head India’s space agency
- India’s national capital has unveiled its own incentives and policy to push more EVs