TCS again becomes most valued Indian firm by market cap
At close of trade on Friday, the market capitalisation of TCS was at Rs 6,82,408.68 crore, which was about Rs 6,959.73 crore more than that of RIL's Rs 6,75,448.95 crore valuation on the BSE.
TCS shares rose 0.66 per cent on Friday to close at Rs 1,818.60 on the BSE, while Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) fell 0.86 per cent to Rs 1,065.50.Shares of RIL had on Wednesday zoomed nearly 15 per cent, reclaiming the tag of the most valued domestic firm by market valuation, surpassing TCS.Advertisement
Earlier, TCS on March 18 went past RIL to become the most valued Indian firm by market valuation.
Both TCS and RIL have in the past also competed with each other for the rank of number one company by market capitalisation (m-cap).The BSE benchmark index closed the day 131.18 points lower at 29,815.59.
The m-cap figure of companies changes daily with the movement in their stock prices. SUM RVK
- Navtez Bal to lead Microsoft's public sector business in India
- How Vikas Dubey scripted his Bollywood-style arrest
- ITDC signs MoU with AIIMS to strengthen COVID-19 protocols for its properties
- IMD issues 'red alert' in Uttarakhand for heavy rainfall in the next two days
- TikTok alternatives— reviews of the top three short video apps on Google Play Store