On International Podcast Day, these Indian entrepreneurs have launched a marketplace for podcasters and advertisers to connect
Podcash, it's the brainchild of Ronit Roy, a marketeer and Garima Surana, a podcasthost.
- Podcash will help podcast producers connect with advertisers and monetize their content.
- India is currently the third-largest market for podcasts.
AdvertisementPodcasts have become immensely popular in India, with people listening to the same during their commute to work (well until COVID happened), and now creating their own podcast lists for consumption.
And now, two Indian entrepreneurs have launched a ‘
Called Podcash, this is the brainchild of Ronit Roy, Marketeer and Garima Surana, a podcast host. Officially set to go live early next year, Podcash will help podcast producers connect with advertisers and monetize their content.
“With Podcash, we aim to create an all in one data driven discovery marketplace that eases the discovery and promotes growth of the podcasters by connecting them to the right collaborators! Keywords like ‘‘how to get sponsorship for podcasts?’ and ‘how to make money from podcasting?’ are one of the top searched queries in India, and this reflects in the name Podcash itself,” said Roy.
Meanwhile, his co-founder Surana hosts a podcast herself with 50 episodes, and 100,000 listens so far. “With my own podcast, I realised how brand collaborations benefit and why must a brand invest in a podcast. The unexplored podcast market in India is 10 years old, yet disruptive content is still to be made! Podcash aims to bridge the global gap and be more collaborative on the way of monetising!” said Surana.
The Indian podcast scene is thriving
The Indian podcast market is growing rapidly. According to a PwC report, India is already the third largest market for podcasts, falling behind only the US and China. The report also said that from four crore listeners in 2018, it is estimated that over 17 crore will be tuned to podcasts by 2023.
Apart from the popularity of podcasts from brands like Apple and Spotify, many Indian podcast
Airtel launches new cybersecurity product with CISCO, Radware, VMware, and Forcepoint for enterprises — it took ₹100 crore and over a year to set up
Lee Fixel’s India comeback – former Tiger Global head leads a $35 million round in Inshorts for its social media app Public
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life