Airtel rolls out 5G Plus in 8 cities, promises 20-30x higher speeds
Airtel 5G Plusservice will be initially rolled out in eight cities in a phased manner.
- Existing 4G subscribers in these cities will be able to use the 5G services provided they have a compatible 5G smartphone.
- Airtel is offering 5G services without any extra charges until the rollout is more widespread.
Customers in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri,
The company promises between 20 to 30 times higher speeds than the current speed, coupled with brilliant voice experience and super-fast call connect.
Customers who have 5G smartphones will enjoy the high-speed Airtel 5G Plus on their existing data plans until the roll-out is more widespread.
"Our solution will work on any 5G handset and the existing SIM that customers have. Our obsession on customer experience is now embellished with a 5G solution that is kinder to the environment," said
"Airtel 5G Plus is all set to redefine the way people communicate, live, work, connect and play for years to come," Vittal added.
Airtel 5G Plus runs on a technology that has the widest acceptance in the world with the most developed ecosystem.
This will ensure that all 5G smartphones in India seamlessly work on the Airtel network.
Airtel 5G Plus will allow superfast access to high-definition video streaming, gaming, multiple chatting, instant uploading of photos and more.
Bharti Airtel last week showcased a 5G-connected ambulance to transform primary health care in emergency situations, along with smart farming solutions to Prime Minister
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features