Canteen worker raped in Infosys, Pune
Reports are coming in from Infosys, Pune, stating that a woman was allegedly raped at the company’s campus on Sunday. Both the victim and the convicts worked at the canteen in the office campus.
As per police sources, two men have been arrested for the crime and further proceedings have begun. Rest details are yet to come.
As per the updates, the 25-year-old victim was a cashier at the campus canteen, and the convict was a part of the housekeeping staff. The victim has filed a complaint with the Hinjewadi police, and has stated that while Paritosh Bagh (21) raped her, Prakash Mahadik (30), the other convict filmed it on his cell phone, paying no heed to her cries. The convicts then threatened of making the video public if she went to the police.
In an official statement issued by Infosys, the officials have said that they have a zero-tolerance policy against sexual harassment, and strict actions will be taken against the convicts. However, what remains to be answered from the company's end is the delay in filing a complaint as soon as the news spread in the campus. She was instead asked to go home and return the next day to 'discuss' things.
The convicts have been sent to police custody for a week. Even though they have deleted the objectionable video from the phone, the phone has been handed over to the forensic team.
Popular on BI
- Global businesses unwittingly endorse use of forced labour in China, compromising global sustainability goals
- This Asian currency performed much better than Rupee, and it's not Renminbi, Baht or Ringgit
- Plastic alternatives after the single-use ban
- Best air fryers in India 2022
- Devendra Fadnavis avenges trolls who made fun of his 'Will return' remark' by forgiving them