3 habits that helped me become a millionaire at age 28
- Erik Bergman cofounded Catena Media and helped grow it to over 300 employees and a $200 million valuation before stepping away to start Great.com, an organization that donates 100% of its profits to environmental charities.
- Erik also spends his time advising entrepreneurs through his Instagram account (@SmilingErik) and the "Becoming Great" podcast.
- On his 28th birthday, he suddenly became a millionaire; to get there, he developed three strong habits.
- He prioritized things that are both enjoyable and productive, asked for help when he needed it, and just kept getting started on whatever he wanted to work on.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
Apple Watch SE (GPS, 44mm) - Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Band₹ 26900₹ 26900Buy On
- 56% OFF
SanDisk Ultra microSD UHS-I Card 128GB, 120MB/s R₹ 1199₹ 1199Buy On
- 17% OFF
2020 Apple iPad Air with A14 Bionic chip (10.9-inch/27.69 cm, Wi-Fi, 256GB) - Sky Blue (4th Generation)₹ 56900₹ 56900Buy On
- 48% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) (10.3 inch/26.6 cm, 4 GB, 128 GB, Wi-Fi Only), Platinum Grey₹ 17999₹ 17999Buy On
ASUS TUF Gaming A15 (2021) 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) FHD 144Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 3050 4GB Graphics, Gaming Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/Black/2.3 Kg), FA506IC-HN005T, Graphite Black₹ 74490₹ 74490Buy On
You may have never heard of me (Erik Bergman) or my business (Catena Media), but by many people's definition I've made it.
My best friend and I launched an affiliate marketing business that eventually gained VC funding. After a few years of scaling our company, we listed our business on the Stockholm Nasdaq Stock Exchange with a $200 million valuation. It was my 28th birthday the day we rang the bell, and I suddenly became a millionaire.
I'm not naive; I'm not perfect. In fact, I've written at length about the many mistakes I've made as an entrepreneur and their influence on me personally and professionally. I also understand that the decisions and events that led me to that day were part chance.
However, I didn't get to where I am today on luck alone. I developed strong habits that helped propel my success. Here are three of those habits and how you can implement them.
1. Prioritize enjoyable activities that target your goals
2. Don't be afraid to ask for help
3. Stop wasting time and start already
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 – best deals on smartwatches and fitness bands
- After Maruti, now Tata Motors raises car prices marginally
- AAP names Bhagwant Mann as Punjab CM candidate
- Realme 9i vs Redmi Note 10S — Price, specs, features compared
- ICICI Bank best performer in banking with 42% returns in FY22