IIT Madras average salary rises 30% while IIT Jodhpur’s best salary rises 90%
IIT Madrasclocked in 100% placements, IIT Jodhpursays that they have successfully placed 97% of BTech, 75% of our MTech and 100% of their MBA students.
- The top recruiters at IIT Madras were Amazon, CISCO, Deloitte, ICICI and McKinsey.
- At IIT Jodhpur, companies such as Google, Mahindra & Mahindra, Samsung, L&T, ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel, and ICICI Bank recruited students across specializations.
AdvertisementTech majors, auto companies, consulting firms and even metal sector companies made a beeline for fresh graduates from IIT Madras and IIT Jodhpur. Their average salaries and best offers swelled too exponentially this year.
At IIT Madras, the average salary offered rose 30% to ₹16 lakhs per annum. IIT Jodhpur did not reveal the average salary. It said that the best offer received rose by a whopping 90%, without mentioning the actual salary.
Around 16% of the students in Madras got pre-placement offers from companies in which they were working as interns. MTech placements soared by around 158% compared with the preceding year in Jodhpur.
While IIT Madras clocked in 100% placements, IIT Jodhpur says that they have successfully placed 97% of BTech, 75% of our MTech and 100% of their MBA students.
At IIT Madras, maximum job opportunities were available in the consulting and analytics space. Whereas in Jodhpur, computer science and engineering (CSE) and artificial intelligence (AI) branches saw the maximum placements this year.
“The curriculum at IIT Jodhpur and the students' performance are a testament to our grit and gumption during perhaps one of the testing times. The MTech placements have been very promising, with a myriad of industry recruiting from IIT Jodhpur across roles. We hope to record even more promising placements next year,” Anuj Pal Kapoor, faculty in charge,career development cell, IIT Jodhpur.
Amazon, Deloitte, Nippon Steel, ICICI and more
The top recruiters at IIT Madras were Amazon, CISCO, Deloitte, ICICI and McKinsey.
The placements started December 2021 through virtual mode, and 26 companies attended the recruitment drive. Of this, 14 companies were first-time recruiters.
“The final placement process was conducted from December 2021 onwards and witnessed over 25 companies recruiting for a wide variety of profiles from the campus. The recruiters were overwhelmed with the quality of the programme and the skill set of the participating students,” said R K Amit, faculty coordinator (placement), DoMS, IIT Madras.
At IIT Jodhpur, companies such as Google, Mahindra & Mahindra, Samsung, L&T, ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel, and ICICI Bank recruited students across specializations.
AdvertisementA few new recruiters also came this year including American Express, Deloitte, Sutherland, Royal Enfield, Maruti Suzuki, Gartner, Pickrr, Udaan, Tata Elxsi, Eeki Foods, and Lightstorm, among others.
Some of the roles offered by the companies were business analyst, R&D engineer, system engineer, management trainee, software developer and many more.
Zomato’s Blinkit buy is a poison pill that will burn cash and delay profits
India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Delhi govt departments to hire 17,256 people via direct recruitment
- Abductors accept ₹1.3 cr in Bitcoins as ransom in UP bizman kidnapping case
- 150 cartons of chocolate worth ₹17 lakh stolen from a Lucknow godown
- Adani Group gets nod to invest $500 mn for wind power projects in Sri Lanka
- Indian semiconductor component market will be worth $300 billion in 2026: report