TCS fresh hires can double their salary if they pass an internal test
- Technology giant
Tata Consultancy Serviceshas launched TCS National Qualifier Tests (TNQT) — for both campus freshers and experienced employees.
- This will help employees attain higher salary packages and promotions in their job roles.
- The salary of freshers will be double the slated entry-level compensation, if they get through the test.
- In case of experienced employees, the test will be open for employees with upto three years of experience.
The company has launched the internal test to help employees to demonstrate their skills and achieve more — from higher salary packages to promotion from their existing job roles. This is applicable to the fresh hires as well, who want to upgrade their starting salaries.
These tests can possibly double the slated fresher salary, if they get through the test.
The company believes that this investment in skilled employees and bulk hiring will benefit the company in the long run. “With TNQT model for campus hiring, we can find more people who are hungry to prove a point and do well. If someone performs exceedingly well in the test, then we give them the option for a digital test which they can clear to aim for higher compensation,” Milind Lakkad, Global head of Human Resources told Business Standard.
While in case of experienced employees, the test will be open for employees with upto three years of experience.
The tech giant has hired nearly 30,000 employees in the first six months of 2020 fiscal. “The revenue was lower than expected but hiring was on target. And, the utilization levels are healthy but can improve,” V Ramakrishnan, chief financial officer of TCS added.
In fact, the software employer is also implementing ‘ pyramid rationalisation’ to make up for the salary expenses. Under this, it will focus on hiring more employees with maximum four years of experience, as compared to those with significantly higher experience in the industry, ET reported.
The company witnessed 11.6% attrition rate during FY19.
On Monday, the software exporter was also nominated as the most outstanding company in India and the country’s IT services sector, according to Asia's outstanding companies poll by Asiamoney.
TCS plans to add 30,000 freshers to its ranks to reshape its cost structure
After TCS, Infosys on a hiring spree — plans to add 18,000 freshers via campus placements
AdvertisementTCS is running on women power, with over 150,000 permanent employee
- Maha Budget: Rs 12,500 cr package for health institutions
- For women, Maha Budget offers stamp duty concession, special SRPF battalion
- Jeff Bezos' ex-wife MacKenzie Scott - third richest women in the world gets married to a chemistry teacher
- Delhi govt's 'outcome budget' 2020-21: Most projects under Directorate of Education 'on track'
- Maharashtra budget: Plan for hill station in Palghar's Jawhar