Tech company Buffer is adopting a 4-day workweek through the end of the year to help employees deal with stress caused by coronavirus
- Buffer, a social media management software company, announced Tuesday that it's adopting a four-day workweek through the end of 2020.
- This comes after the company experimented with a four-day workweek in May to help workers deal with the
stresscaused by the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Employees will get to keep their full salary despite the time reduction.
- Using a company-wide survey,
Buffermeasured employee happiness, autonomy, and stress levels.
- Company leaders saw a positive increase in worker happiness and autonomy and a significant decrease in stress levels.
- But the four days employees worked during the experiment were not the same across the board, which caused some planning difficulties.
- Buffer plans to keep running the four-day workweek experiment through the end of 2020 and may adjust the policy to address challenges, per a company blog post.
- Buffer already has some progressive company policies, including a fully remote workforce, and a transparent salary formula.
- The tech company isn't the first to experiment with the schedule. Microsoft previously tried a four-day workweek in Japan and saw a 40% jump in productivity.
- Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang recently called on more business leaders to adopt the setup to improve Americans'
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
Popular on BI
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million
- Best DIY wallpapers to revamp your house
- India's largest car maker loses nearly two thirds of its profit to chip shortage
- New Range Rover: Check out expected price in India, features and other details
- Softbank will make $250 million by selling a fifth of its stake in Policybazaar