Democrats Just Got Some Horrible News From New Polls
The Fox News poll puts Republicans ahead in five key states:
- Alaska: Republican Dan Sullivan leads incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Begich, 44-40.
- Arkansas: Republican US Rep. Tom Cotton leads incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor, 46-39.
- Colorado: Republican US Rep. Cory Gardner leads incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Udall, 43-37.
- Kentucky: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell leads Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes, 45-41.
- Kansas: Incumbent GOP Sen. Pat Roberts leads Independent challenger Greg Orman, 44-39. In the CNN poll, Roberts led 49-48. This is a swing from most other recent polls that have shown Orman with an advantage.
Republicans need to hold onto all of their contested seats - most prominently, challenges in Kansas, Kentucky, and Georgia - and swing six current Democratic-held seats to regain control of the US Senate. Democrats had gotten good news recently with Orman's improved standing in Kansas, along with new developments in South Dakota - where Democratic and Independent candidates are closing the gap with former Republican Gov. Mike Rounds.
But holds in Kansas and Kentucky, along with wins in Alaska, Arkansas, and Colorado, would provide Republicans with a clear path toward retaking the Senate - if Republicans can also hold on to expected wins in South Dakota, West Virginia, and Montana.
- Lionel Messi wants to extend Argentina career and play in 2024 Copa America
- The 10 largest and most magnificent Hindu god statues worldwide
- Red flags for Indian equities emerge after crude oil jumps 30% since June this year
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo vs iQOO Z7 Pro – The phone to consider under ₹25,000
- Jasnil Kumar who works in a garment store becomes KBC 15's second crorepati