Demonetization effect: e-payments saw 195% jump, govt to release draft rules for digital payment for public consultation soon
After the govt’s big demonetization push, electronic payments spiraled in the country. With the increasing rise in the digital payments especially new age methods such as wallets, the ministry of electronics and IT is working on draft rules for digital payments which will deal with "consumer interests" and "security concerns."
Currently, digital payment companies are governed by
- PM Narendra Modi stresses that lockdown will be the last option, says centre and states are working on oxygen supply
- Desperately need supply of oxygen to save lives, appeals Delhi's Ganga Ram Hospital
- 4.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were wasted in India — enough to vaccinate half of Bangalore
- Facebook to start pilot runs for its digital currency ‘Diem’ this year, says report
- SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone