Donald Trump Jr. and his wife are reportedly heading for divorce - here's an inside look at the relationship between the first son and the ex-model who used to date Leonardo DiCaprio
- Donald Trump Jr. and his wife, Vanessa Trump, are headed for a divorce, Page Six reported.
- The businessman (and first son) and the former model have been married since 2005.
- Since President Trump's election, Donald Jr. has faced several high-profile scandals, while Vanessa has kept a lower profile.
Donald Trump Jr. and his wife, Vanessa Trump, are reportedly headed for divorce.
The pair are living separate lives and expected to file for divorce soon, according to friends, The New York Post's Page Six reported on Wednesday.
The news comes after a scare in which Vanessa opened an envelope addressed to Donald Jr. that contained a mysterious white powder, which was later determined not to be hazardous. The duo has been married since 2005 and have five children together.
Here's a look back at the couple's relationship over the years.
Vanessa, formerly Vanessa Haydon, was working as a model at the time. Donald Jr. wasn't her first famous beau — she made headlines after being spotted with Leonardo DiCaprio at a movie premier in 1997.
Don Jr., meanwhile, had at that point been working at the Trump Organization for a few years.
The pair married in 2005 at the Mar-a-Lago Resort in West Palm Springs.
The couple welcomed their first daughter, Kai Madison, in May 2007.
For the first decade of their relationship, the couple's comings-and-goings were covered primarily by gossip columns and tabloids.
Vanessa was a common presence on the charity circuit. While Don Jr. spent his early 20s hiding from the spotlight, the pair began to make headlines together more frequently after they married.
However, as Donald Trump began campaigning in the 2016 presidential election, Don Jr. got involved as well.
Don Jr. aggressively advocated for his father and attacked critics on social media.
Vanessa, meanwhile, has stayed out of the spotlight for the last few years — both on social media and in the realm of politics.
Both Don Jr.'s brother Eric and his wife, Lara, have remained politically engaged since the campaign. In comparison, Vanessa has kept a lower profile.
Trump has been under investigation for his role in potential Russian meddling in the election, after The New York Times reported in July 2017 that he met with a Russian lawyer who had told him she had damaging information about Hillary Clinton.
Later in February, Donald Jr. said that his father's presidency was hurting his business in India, due to self-imposed restrictions.
Sources told The New York Post that Donald Jr.'s obsession with politics and frequent travels were contributing to issues in the relationship.
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments