100 online courses from Coursera are $0 now through May 31 - here's a list of all the classes open for free enrollment
- Coursera is offering 100 online courses free, many of them taught by Ivy League schools or offered by companies like Google and Amazon, now through May 31.
- Learners will get access to all the stuff that's typically kept behind a paywall: graded homework, projects, and reading material, as well as a certificate of completion they can add to LinkedIn.
- The courses span a range of topics - from public health and COVID-19 to coding, mindfulness, updating a resume, and learning how to play guitar.
- See more: Yale's most popular class ever is available free online - and the topic is how to be happier in your daily life
Online-learning site Coursera is offering 100 classes for free from now through May 31, 2020, to support access to online education for the one-third of people around the world who are currently under lockdown to prevent spreading the new coronavirus.The free courses span many categories, including mental health and well-being, career development, cloud technology, language learning, and understanding public health and global emergencies. They vary in aspirations as well, from developing new skills for a promotion or career switch to academic to personal or family practical planning. They're also catered to a variety of demographics, from high school and college students to adults. Most hail from universities, like Yale, Stanford, and the University of Pennsylvania, but a handful are offered by companies such as Google and Amazon.
Here's how to enroll in Coursera courses for free:
- Click on the class you'd like to take below and make sure that there's a blue promo banner at the top of the page. If not, refresh the page and let it load fully.
- Click the 'Enroll for free' button.
- Select "Purchase Course." If the promo has applied, it should say below it that "Your promotion will automatically be applied at checkout."
- At checkout, the course should be free and state $0.
But, the courses below are entirely free until May 31, 2020, or until enrollment becomes too saturated. Coursera is giving learners access to all the stuff typically behind a paywall: a certificate, graded homework, projects, and unlimited access to a course's reading material. Of the list below, only 15 were free and didn't include a paid version originally, according to a company representative.
Below are 100 Coursera courses that will be free to enroll in until May 31, or until enrollment becomes too saturated:
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Arts and humanitiesAdvertisement
Cloud and techAdvertisement
Math and logicAdvertisement
Physical science and engineeringAdvertisement
Physics and astronomy
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC