Mumbai University reschedules final exams after city suffers power outage — Here are the details
- Mumbai University rescheduled all undergraduate and postgraduate examinations to Sunday following a major power cut that crippled Mumbai and the Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
- Due to the pandemic, the university was conducting the exams online, and with no electricity in nearly all the regions of the city, the university had to postpone the exams.
- The university also informed students that the timings of the exams would be the same on October 18.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementThe University of Mumbai has rescheduled all undergraduate and postgraduate examinations to Sunday following a major power cut that crippled Mumbai and the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) of Thane, Raigad and Palghar.
“All students are hereby informed that due to massive power breakdown all over Maharashtra and as the extent and time of power outage can’t be assessed, All UG and PG examination are being rescheduled to Sunday, 18th October 2020.,” said Hemlata Bagla, Principal KC College, Cluster Head university Examinations 2020.
The university also informed students that the timings of the exams would remain the same.
The final year exams for the students of the University of Mumbai began on October 1. Due to the pandemic, the exams were being conducted online and with no electricity in nearly all the regions of the city, the university had to postpone the exams. As many as 2.4 lakh students are appearing for the examinations this time.
The power cut in MMR impacted almost all day-to-day activities of Mumbaikars — bringing even the city’s lifeline, the Central Railway and Western Railway to a grinding halt. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) issued helpline numbers for worried Mumbaikars.
As of latest updates by 1 pm, the power has been restored in many parts of Mumbai including Lower Parel, Worli, Dadar, Kalina and Charni Road— after a blackout of over 2 hours.
SEE ALSO: Ahead of its imminent IPO – Zomato CEO says food delivery in India has reached pre-COVID levels
Massive power cut across Mumbai due to grid failure —electricity restored in certain areas
Popular on BI
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others