Elon Musk is stepping down from the $1 billion AI organization he helped found
Mark Brake/Getty Images
- Elon Musk is leaving the board of the non-profit organization OpenAI.
- Musk helped found the group, which examines the safety and societal issues of artificial intelligence technology, and he contributed towards its $1 billion in funding.
- The entrepreneur, who is outspoken about the potential dangers of AI, is leaving to avoid conflicts of interest with his work at Tesla.
On Tuesday, OpenAI announced that the billionaire entrepreneur is exiting his role at the company to avoid potential conflicts of interest with his work at Tesla.
Elon Musk is stepping down from the board of a $1 billion AI organisation he helped create.
In a blog post published Tuesday, OpenAI said Musk was leaving its board, but will continue to provide funding and advice. "As Tesla continues to become more focused on AI, this will eliminate a potential future conflict for Elon," the post said. Musk's electric car company is investing in AI technology as it pushes to develop self-driving car technology.Elon Musk has previously been outspoken about the potential dangers of AI, claiming it presents "vastly more risk than North Korea."
EXCLUSIVE FREE REPORT:
The AI 101 Report by the Business Insider Intelligence Research Team.
Get the Report Now »
- 'Democracy has prevailed' says Joe Biden as he takes oath as the 46th President of the United States
- PM Modi congratulates Joe Biden, says he looks forward to strengthen India-US partnership
- Democracy has prevailed, says US President Joe Biden in his first speech. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President amidst unprecedented security. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Kamala Devi Harris creates history as she takes oath as Vice President of USA