Ayushman Khurrana wins hearts with Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan — eyes ₹30 crore in 3 days
- Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan is a bollywood gay rom-com where Kartik and Aman fight the stereotypical mindset about homophobia in a small town.
- The film had a strong opening with a total collection of ₹19.75 crore in two day.
- According to BoxofficeIndia, the film is likely to make a business of at least ₹30 crore.
The film had a strong opening with total collections of ₹19.75 crore in the first two days. Moreover the Mahashivratri holiday on Friday gave a 45% boost. According to BoxofficeIndia, the film is likely to do a business of at least ₹30 crore.
“If the film can hold well on Monday it should do well. The last two
#OneWordReview... #ShubhMangalZyadaSaavdhan: BOLD. Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️½ Brave. Gutsy. Fearless. Dares to address Homopho… https://t.co/Qd9n8sXxBc— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1582295700000
#ShubhMangalZyadaSaavdhan jumps on Day 2... Metros witness growth, while mass pockets remain strictly average... Th… https://t.co/GxygzXR0id— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1582435554000
Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan is a rare Bollywood gay rom-com where Kartik and Aman fight the stereotypical mindset and small-town homophobia. Aman and Kartika, who live in Delhi, want to get married but trouble follows them when Aman’s father catches them kissing — and there start panic attacks to fake suicide attempts.
The film is set before India revoked Section 377 that criminalised gay sex. It draws references from the popular Shahrukh Khan movie Dilwale Dulhania Lejayenge for many scenes.
Trump’s says ‘great’ Attention
Apart from Indian audiences, the Khurrana starrer also managed to gather US president
A human rights campaigner and LGBTQ+ activist Peter Tatchells took to social media to post about the movie.
"A new #Bollywood rom-com featuring a gay romance is hoping to win over older people, following the decriminalisation of homosexuality. Hurrah!" tweeted @PeterTatchell.
To this, Donald Trump tweeted : Great
The movie has had a much better opening than
Here’s the Trump menu from Chef Suresh Khanna: The beef-lover US Prez will have to settle for an all-vegetarian meal in India
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government