Forbes goes Fidaa on Tamil Nadu’s favourite Rowdy Baby - Sai Pallavi
- The 27-year-old is the only actress to have made it to the
Forbes 30 under 30list. Sai Pallaviis famous for refusing to endorse fairness creams.
- The talented dancer also refuses to be a side-kick heroine and chooses author-backed roles.
- She is playing an autistic character in an upcoming Tamil movie.
Now, she became the only actress to feature in the Forbes list of 30 under 30 celebrities – and one of the five women in the list.
No to fairness creams
“Confidence is the real beauty,” Pallavi said after her movie debut made her overcome a personal insecurity. And, she decided to pass it on to others as well –refusing to endorse a fairness cream which offered her ₹2 crore. When Pallavi was asked why she refused it, she answered, “What will I do with the money I make like that?” Kangana Ranaut is the only other top actress to have refused to endorse a product which builds inferiority complex.
Pallavi struck a chord with millennials not only with off-screen charisma but also with the roles that she played. In her Telugu superhit movie Fidaa which made her a star, she plays the role of a village girl torn between her love for an NRI and her need to stay on ground. These roles have caught the fancy of young audiences who admire the chutzpah that she displayed in her performances.
The Rowdy Baby dance
She is popularly known as Rowdy Baby where she showed off her impeccable dancing skills. So much so, in the song choreographed by Prabhu Deva, she outshone her co-actor Dhanush, a top star in Tamil Nadu.
Extremely good dancing skills that are common with actors but uncommon with actresses, turned her into a hot commodity. A lot of filmmakers would either want her to make a song-and-a-dance-appearance-role in movies with top stars where the story revolves around them. But Pallavi is not keen on an item-dance career or is happy with being an eye candy in any movie.
“She has a criterion for choosing a movie – she either has to be in the plot or an influence of the plot,” said Dhanush in a movie promotion. As promised, she has kept up her love for experimentation by playing an autistic person in a movie with Tamil heartthrob Fahadh Faasil’s Athiran.
Kamal Haasan's ₹25 crore loan revealed a lot about his finances after nearly 2 years in politics
- Best smartphones under ₹20,000 in India
- From You’re Worth It to Stand up, how L’Oréal Paris’ communication has empowered women over the years
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present and Future
- Ola loses another founding member as Pranay Jivrajka leaves the ride-hailing giant
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 9