'Queer Eye' star Jonathan Van Ness says he married his 'best friend' in 2020
- Jonathan Van Ness, hairstylist and star of Netflix's reality series "Queer Eye," revealed in an Instagram post on Thursday that he got married in 2020.
- "I got married to my best friend & have a loving partner to continue building my life with," Van Ness wrote.
- The comedian and podcast host said in a tweet that his wedding to his spouse, Mark Peacock, took place over the summer and involved a "socially distanced judge and a photographer."
- "Our parents watched over FaceTime," Van Ness wrote of the ceremony.
"Queer Eye" star Jonathan Van Ness revealed that he got married in 2020 to his partner, Mark Peacock.
"I got married to my best friend & have a loving partner to continue building my life with," the celebrity hairstylist and grooming expert wrote in an Instagram post on December 31, 2020.Van Ness first shared the news publicly in a series of photos and memories from the past year. Along with the announcement about his marriage, Van Ness reflected on campaigning for Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren's presidential campaign, as well as finishing his stand-up comedy tour in early 2020.
In the comments section, people shared their excitement about Van Ness' marriage - and some expressed that it was a challenge to avoid sharing the news about the couple's nuptials.
"This is the longest I've kept a secret," model Tess Holliday wrote in a comment.Tan France, stylist and Van Ness' co-star on "Queer Eye," commented: "Here's hoping next year is so much better, and that we can finally celebrate your marriage."
Interior designer and "Queer Eye" star Bobby Berk added: "Yay!! That was a hard secret to keep!!"
Van Ness and his spouse had a backyard wedding over the summer with 'a socially distanced judge and a photographer'The comedian and podcast host tweeted in a response to an E! News article that his wedding to his spouse, Mark Peacock, was a small ceremony that took place in the summer of 2020."We got married in the backyard of a house we rented over the summer with a socially distanced judge & a photographer. Our parents watched over FaceTime," Van Ness wrote. "Love my Mark & we're so happy to share this news."
—Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) December 31, 2020
On Saturday, Van Ness took to Instagram to share more details about his relationship with Peacock, saying that they first met in London.
"We went on a date in London, which turned into more dates whilst I was on comedy tour," Van Ness wrote.The "Queer Eye" host said that he wanted Peacock to accompany him with some of his family and friends on a trip to Amsterdam after the tour but wondered if it was "a bit intense" to ask him "after a couple weeks worth's of dates."
"Maybe so, but something about Mark felt different and I'm quite sure he felt the same," Van Ness added.
"Here's some of my favorite moments together and here's to making many more," Van Ness wrote. "Thanks so much for your support and love for us!!"In a separate Instagram post, Peacock reflected on the year, writing: "[I] got married to my soulmate and one true love @jvn."
- Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range