Spotify just launched a tool that reveals your top music of 2019 and the last decade - check it out
- Each year, Spotify releases a tool that lets users see their personalized top charts for the past year.
- It offers a fascinating look into personal listening habits, and it comes in a very attractive package.
- The tool also puts your most-listened-to songs into a personal playlist.
- This year's Wrapped is particularly special - it includes your full decade of music listening, too.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
2019 is nearly over, and there's no better way to look back on the year in music than Spotify's annual Wrapped tool.More than a year-end music chart, the Spotify tool offers anyone with a Spotify account a personalized rundown of their year in music. After entering your login information on the site or in the app, Spotify analyzes your listening history and walks you through your past year, step-by-step.Advertisement
It's a beautiful audio tour of the year for the more than 100 million Spotify users out there, and it comes with a gift at the end: a playlist of your most-listened-to tracks. If you're anything like me, the playlist is sure to be full of your actual favorite tracks of 2019.This year's tool is particularly special; it includes your full decade of music listening as a playlist, too.
As you might expect, there's a shareable little placard of information at the conclusion of the tool's slideshow.And people are doing exactly that - sharing that information - all over the place.And that's just the standard info that Spotify makes easily shareable.Advertisement
More hilarious are all the reactions to what these personalized charts reveal about listening habits.
Are you ready to face the hard truth?Head over to Spotify and see if you can handle it!Advertisement
WHY IS BRADLEY COOPER IN MY TOP 5 SPOTIFY ARTISTS pic.twitter.com/FrZZRfdLDt- geoff (fan + personal acc) (@riverageoffreyy) December 5, 2019
Spotify's year end wrap never fails to go straight for the jugular pic.twitter.com/H3RS6j9LDj- Kait Tremblay (@kait_zilla) December 5, 2019
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G announced with 5G and HDR Gaming support
- Reliance Jio is now twice as valued as Airtel that is down 25% from its peak in May
- Afghan National Army claims to have defused 4,776 home-made bombs and landmines in six months
- Sharechat’s ESOP pool hits $35 million as company allots $14 million to employees
- Microsoft acquires exclusive license for Elon Musk’s largest GPT-3 AI language model