Timothée Chalamet played Edward Scissorhands' son in Cadillac's Super Bowl commercial and fans are calling for a reboot
- Timothée Chalamet played Edgar, the son of Edward Scissorhands, in Cadillac's Super Bowl ad.
- His thin, pale frame perfectly matches the Johnny Depp character in the 1990s movie.
- Fans took to Twitter during the Super Bowl saying there should be a reboot starring Chalamet.
In the commercial for Cadillac, we watch as Edgar Scissorhands navigates the world, just like his father did (played by Johnny Depp in the movie), with scissors for hands. His mother, played by Winona Ryder, reprises the role of Kim in the movie, Edward's love interest. At the end of the commercial, Edgar finally finds peace in the world when Kim lets him drive their Cadillac, which has a hands free function.
Chalamet's thin and pale look mirrors Depp's in the movie, all the way down to his all-black leather outfit. It's so spot-on that the loyal Chalamet fanbase took to Twitter Sunday night calling for the "Little Women" star to be the face of an "Edward Scissorhands" reboot.
—Jada Yuan (@jadabird) February 8, 2021
—CeeCee (@CurrentlyCeeCee) February 8, 2021
—Sean Stelten (@WxStelten) February 8, 2021
—kassie (@Kassey_Black) February 8, 2021
If we were ever to see a "Scissorhands" reboot it wouldn't be anytime soon as Chalamet's schedule is pretty full these days.
He's currently shooting the Netflix comedy "Don't Look Up" opposite Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio. He's in talks to play Bob Dylan in a movie about the music legend. And is also planning to team with his "Call Me By Your Name" director Luca Gudagnino to make a coming-of-age cannibalism horror movie.
But in an interview with Vogue for the commercial, Chalamet said the goal of the ad was to celebrate Burton's movie.
—Chasing Chalamet (@chasingchalamet) February 7, 2021
"This was a wonderful opportunity to hopefully make the original material relatable to a modern audience without sacrificing the originality of the 1990 version, he said. "Instead, we wanted to create a character that didn't make you blink in terms of a present-day setting, but was a total homage to the character Johnny Depp created."
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi