Watch BBC radio station cut from dance anthem to 'God Save the Queen' to announce Prince Philip's death
Alastair Grant - WPA Pool/Getty Images
-Richard Smith (@richardavsmith) April 9, 2021
- All BBC Radio stations simulcast the same announcement of Prince Philip's death Friday.
- The announcement started by playing the national anthem, "God Save the Queen."
- The moment the BBC's dance radio station paused to play the anthem was caught and shared on Twitter.
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines