Watch BBC radio station cut from dance anthem to 'God Save the Queen' to announce Prince Philip's death
Alastair Grant - WPA Pool/Getty Images
-Richard Smith (@richardavsmith) April 9, 2021
- All BBC Radio stations simulcast the same announcement of Prince Philip's death Friday.
- The announcement started by playing the national anthem, "God Save the Queen."
- The moment the BBC's dance radio station paused to play the anthem was caught and shared on Twitter.
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so