Here are banks that rose FD interest rates posing an attractive opportunity for depositors
- Several banks including SBI, HDFC Bank have increased interest rates on fixed deposits.
- This is good news for FD investors who saw multi-year low interest rates as banks have been cutting interest rates over the past couple of years.
- There are expectations that the RBI would now start hiking interest rates due to high inflationary pressures.
AdvertisementInvestment in fixed deposits (FD) at banks is still one of the popular investment products because of the guaranteed returns factor. Also, amid current volatile market conditions, FD is supposed to be one of the most secure and steady profit making products to invest in.
Since the last few years, interest rates on fixed deposits have been at a multi-year low considering the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was busy picking up the economy from COVID-19 wounds. This required RBI to infuse liquidity in the system and thereby cut interest rates.
Cut to over two years since the pandemic happened, there is enough liquidity in the system and inflation is also high.
Moreover, Union Budget 2022-23 proposed larger capex to boost growth amid persistently high inflation. All this has led to expectations that RBI would raise interest rates in the country in the coming time.
Hence, several banks are hiking interest rates of fixed deposits after a gap of more than a year due to the pandemic.
Here are banks that revised interest rates of fixed deposits in recent days.
|Bank’s FD interest rates||1 year to 2 years||2 to 3 years||3 to 5 years|
|Central Bank of India||5%||5.10%||5.10%|
Also, central banks of many developed countries are gearing up to raise interest rates to tame high interest rates, which have risen sharply across the world after the monetary policy stimulus programme since COVID-19.
In India, the RBI has kept rates steady for a long time as it thinks the economy needs some more support.
Nevertheless, this is good news for bank depositors as interest rates are expected to only inch up from here.
SEE ALSO: BJP UP has spent over ₹3 crore on Facebook ads last month, Congress spent ₹6 lakh
Healthcare company MediBuddy has raised $125 million for clinical research and hiring
AdvertisementSpecial flights for Indian students and nationals living in Ukraine amid conflict with Russia
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day