Apollo billionaire Black to step down - How to land a crypto job - End of banker burnout
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- Billionaire Leon Black will step down as CEO of Apollo Global Management following an investigation into his ties with Jeffrey Epstein
- Insiders from six firms, including Grayscale and Galaxy Digital, tell us what it takes to get a job in crypto trading and investing
- Dinakar Singh, whose fund Axon Capital was up 74% in 2020, told us where he's placing his bets now
Billionaire Apollo CEO Leon Black to resign after investigation reveals he paid $158 million to Jeffrey EpsteinApollo Global Management CEO Leon Black plans to step down following an investigation into his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. While an independent review of the relationship found Black wasn't involved in Epstein's criminal activities, it also uncovered $158 million in payments to Epstein and his charity.
How to land a job in the red-hot world of crypto trading and investing, according to 7 insiders from firms like Grayscale and Galaxy DigitalDigital currencies are back in the spotlight thanks to a spike in Bitcoin's price to start the year.
We spoke to insiders from six different firms to understand what they are looking for when it comes to roles in trading and investing in crypto.Interested in getting into the world of cryptocurrency? Get some hints as to what you should focus on when applying. Click here to read the entire story.
Here's how PJ Solomon's new COO is thinking about the future of dealmaking: 'We don't need to be in the middle of Manhattan'
There aren't a lot of bright spots from the pandemic, but one potential silver lining could be a change in how investment banking is done. PJ Solomon's new COO Simon Upton explains why the industry could improve its work-life balance as a result of changes made due to COVID-19. Read more here.
Dinakar Singh's Axon Capital soared 74% last year. The former Goldman Sachs partner lays out the opportunities he's eyeing in 2021.
Take a tip from a proven winner. Dinakar Singh's Axon Capital was up 74% in 2020. Find out trends he's eyeing in 2021. See more here.
Paro, a startup looking to disrupt the Big 4, just tapped a former Groupon exec as CEO as it grows a marketplace for accounting and finance professionalsAnita Samojednik, a former Groupon exec, just joined a startup that offers a network of remote CFOs, CPAs, and other experts for businesses looking to outsource their finance and accounting needs. Get the full rundown here.
Odd lots:How WallStreetBets Pushed GameStop Shares to the Moon (Bloomberg)
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year