Apollo CEO talks culture - Credit Suisse’s talent exodus - PayPal considers Pinterest purchase
Hi, and welcome to
Thank you so much for reading. You can keep up with the latest scoops and inside stories in the meantime by following the team on Twitter @FinanceInsider. And check out "Insider Exclusives," our email alerts that deliver must-know intel to your inbox - you can sign up here by topic.
Insider will be in touch soon with some newsletter updates. In the meantime, please take this brief survey to help us improve our newsletters.
Now, let's get started.
Apollo's culture was brought into the spotlight during its investor-day presentations yesterday, when CEO Marc Rowan said the job "is just too hard not to have a good time." As it aims for a big growth push, the firm is changing compensation, with investment professionals getting a bigger slice of profits. Read more of Rowan's comments on Apollo's culture.
At least 11 mid- and junior-level employees - including nine directors and a number of MDs and vice presidents - have left Credit Suisse's healthcare banking team. Plus, a life sciences M&A managing director just left, marking the latest in a series of losses after the bank's Archegos scandal. More on how MD defections are creating ripple effects across the bank.
Pinterest soared as much as 19% on Wednesday after reports surfaced that PayPal is exploring an acquisition of the social-media company for around $39 billion. Everything we know about the potential deal.
American Express and Goldman Sachs are partnering up to simplify how the world's largest companies make payments: The companies' corporate clients will now be able to pay via Amex' card network and through bank and wire payments offered by Goldman all in one place. What that means for their corporate clients.
Advising on corporate Chapter 11 cases has always required expertise in financing negotiations, asset sales, and other dealmaking. This year, as Chapter 11 filings evaporate, Big Law restructuring attorneys are banking on those finance skills to keep their practice groups busy.
On our radar:
- According to Bloomberg, Jamie Dimon just boosted JPMorgan wealth advisors' pay. What you need to know.
- Blackstone is buying a majority stake in Spanx, a deal that values the brand at $1.2 billion, WSJ reports. More on that here.
- Credit Suisse has been fined over a corruption scandal involving Mozambique's tuna-fishing industry.
View all Offers
- 50% OFF
Allen Solly Women's Synthetic Sweatshirt (AHSTCRGFS56736_Black_Large)₹ 1499₹ 1499Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men's Slim Casual Trousers₹ 639₹ 1899Buy On
- 50% OFF
RIVER Suneet Varma Designer Printed Saree with Solid Unstitched Blouse _Multicolor_one Size₹ 4799₹ 7999Buy On
Diverse Men's Regular Formal Shirt₹ 479₹ 1199Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men Boxer Shorts₹ 439₹ 1098Buy On
- Shrinking car and two-wheeler sales is now hurting India’s biggest private bank
- The best pay masters in the gig economy aren’t good enough
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022