Cash App's hiring spree - Goldman's push into auto tech - Consulting confessions
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- Square's Cash App is hiring for a set of roles hinting at ambitious plans it has to compete with Visa and Mastercard.
- Investors are switching allocations from low-yield bonds to hedge funds as they search for higher returns.
- We've got all the top people moves across Wall Street.
Square's Cash App is hiring for a slew of positions hinting at plans to attract more merchants and compete directly with payment networks like Mastercard and Visa81912696
Square's Cash App had a massive 2020. Now the payment giant is looking to build on that momentum by hiring for a slew of positions for the personal finance app. Here's a look at what the new roles mean for the company, and the competitors it could be looking to take on.Read more here.
The world's biggest investors have realized fixed income won't generate the returns they need, and they're turning to hedge funds to fill the gap
Hedge fund assets started the year at an all-time high, thanks in part to low interest rates. Now, desperate institutions are replacing low-yielding bonds with hedge funds in their portfolios. Here's what else you need to know.
Deutsche Bank teamed up with 6 firms led by women, people of color, and veterans on a $750 million bond sale as Wall Street looks to elevate minority shopspromotes equity on Wall Street.
A new Goldman Sachs team is on a $7 trillion mission: conquer mobility by making deals with Tesla and Waymo rivalsGet the full rundown here.
Must-know promotions, exits, and hires at firms like BlackRock, JPMorgan, Citadel, and Goldman Sachs
The top people moves across the street, from Carey Halio taking over as Goldman's new head of investor relations to Paul Bodnar being named global head of BlackRock Sustainable Investing. Read them all here.
Odd lots:BlackRock Increased Fink's Pay 18% to $29.9 Million for 2020 (Bloomberg)
- Revolut starts India operations, appoints former Lendingkart, Flipkart executive Paroma Chatterjee as CEO
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases