Goldman's Eric Lane retires - AllianceBernstein wants in on more SPACs - Goldman restarts crypto trading desk
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- Eric Lane, a 25-year veteran of Goldman Sachs and one of its most senior leaders, is jumping ship.
- AllianceBernstein CFO Ali Dibadj says the money manager wants to do more with SPACs.
- Goldman Sachs is restarting its crypto trading desk.
We're also running a free webinar today about how small businesses can master their taxes. Check out the conversation with three tax experts at 1 p.m. EST. Click here for more info.We are also looking for nominations for upcoming list of top equity research analysts under 35. Find out more about the list, and how to nominate someone here.
Eric Lane, a 25-year Goldman Sachs veteran and one of the firm's most senior leaders, is exiting. Read the full memo from CEO David Solomon breaking the news to staff.A Goldman veteran is departing after more than 25 years with the firm.
Eric Lane, co-head of asset management at Goldman Sachs, is retiring. That leaves Julian Salisbury, currently his co-head, to lead the division independently. We've got the full memo announcing the news.Click here to read the entire story.
AllianceBernstein's CFO lays out the $683 billion money manager's plans to muscle into the red-hot SPAC marketAli Dibadj, AllianceBernstein's CFO, explains the asset manager's ambitions in the SPAC market. Read more here.
Ryan Munro is joining MUFG as head of leveraged finance syndicate in the Americas. See more here.
Goldman Sachs restarts cryptocurrency trading and will begin dealing bitcoin futures for clients next week, report says
Goldman Sachs is ramping back up its cryptocurrency trading desk as the price of Bitcoin booms. Read more here.
'Buy now, pay later' giant Klarna has tripled its valuation to $31 billion, making it Europe's most valuable private startupBuy now, pay later Klarna has raised $1 billion in new funding, tripling its valuation to $31 billion. Get the full rundown here.
Odd lots:Use our searchable database to find more than 350 Wall Street recruiters for roles in banking, hedge funds, and private equity (BI)
- Crypto exchange Bitex’s new utility token aims to simplify trading in rupee
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022