Hedge funds are set for giant windfalls as SPAC mania goes into overdrive
Happy Saturday, and welcome to Insider
- SPAC investors like Citadel and Millennium are sitting pretty thanks to Lucid Motors euphoria
- Star Morgan Stanley trader Shawn Joshi is leaving, plus other Wall Street people moves this week
- Inside Cathie Wood's meteoric rise
- Three more women joined a lawsuit against the $2.2 trillion asset manager Pimco
- Check out our
Goldmanorg chart to see the latest power structure for 135 top execs
Insiders reveal how the ARK Invest founder won over memelord traders and boomer investors alike.
Churchill Capital Corp. IV have surged since chatter of a deal to buy Lucid Motors emerged in mid-January. Here are the 9 big-name investors set for a huge windfall.
More on the SPAC craze:
- Billionaire Seth Klarman's Baupost pumped nearly $200 million into 6 SPAC bets
Pimco's former funds board chair and ex-communications executive face accusations of sexual harassment in lawsuitThree more women have joined a lawsuit against the $2.2 trillion asset manager Pimco, bringing forward new accusations of sexual harassment against two men who once held prominent positions at the firm.
Here's our exclusive org chart mapping out the latest power structure of 135 top Goldman leaders.
The COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated a trend toward digital banking. Meanwhile, fintechs are trying new tools and marketing to reach Gen Z.Here's how they're using influencers like Charli D'Amelio to tap into what's soon-to-be the largest generation of US customers.
Other finance stories readers loved this week:
- NBA star Russell Westbrook just led a $63 million investment in challenger bank Varo
- Wall Street people moves of the week: Here's our rundown of promotions and new hires
- Banks and brokerage firms are setting up warming centers and lodging for employees hit by the disaster in Texas
- Read the memo Bridgewater's CEO sent staff about a leadership shake-up
- Why Melvin Capital and Robinhood say they didn't need billions of dollars they got amid the GameStop madness
- Goldman Sachs execs lay out plans for its new robo-advisor as it takes on fintechs like Wealthfront and Betterment
- Morgan Stanley's diversity accelerator is doubling in size and increasing its investments
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura