Pimco faces new allegations - Big winners in Michael Klein's SPAC - BlackRock dabbles in bitcoin
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- More allegations of harassment and discrimination have been filed against $2.2 trillion asset manager Pimco.
- From Citadel to Blackstone, these are the big investors in the Michael Klein SPAC that's soaring on Lucid Motors deal chatter.
- BlackRock is starting to "dabble" in bitcoin at the behest of its clients.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 6 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Brown)₹ 29999₹ 42000Buy On
- 27% OFF
Nilkamal CHR2060 Polypropylene Chair Beige₹ 859₹ 910Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 6 Seater Fabric RHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 32999₹ 42000Buy On
AmazonBasics Platform Foldable Steel Bed Frame, Black, Single₹ 4599₹ 7000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cygnus Engineered Wood TV Cabinet with Drawers (Espresso Finish)₹ 6359₹ 10999Buy On
We are also looking for nominations for upcoming list of top equity research analysts under 35. Find out more about the list, and how to nominate someone here.
Pimco's former funds board chair and ex-communications executive face accusations of sexual harassment in lawsuit
More harassment and discrimination allegations against Pimco emerged in a new complaint from three women. Their new allegations have been added to a previous complaint filed in November by two separate women.
9 investors are set for a huge windfall as Lucid Motors speculation sends a Michael Klein-backed SPAC skyrocketing
Meet the big-name investors set to make a killing as a result of SPAC Churchill Capital Corp. IV's potential acquisition of Lucid Motors. Read more here.
Don't call it a bailout: Why Melvin Capital and Robinhood say they didn't need the billions of dollars they got amid the GameStop madness
Robinhood and Melvin Capital's founders were adamant during Thursday's Congressional hearing that the billions they raised during the GameStop frenzy were not bailouts or necessary to survive in the moment. See more here.
NBA star Russell Westbrook just led a $63 million investment in Varo, the challenger bank that's looking to expand into lending
NBA star Russell Westbrook just backed challenger bank Varo. The startup's CEO Colin Walsh discussed the investment and the fintech's plans to get into lending. See more here.
BlackRock has begun to 'dabble' in bitcoin because investors are hunting for 'storehouses of value,' according to fixed-income boss Rick Rieder
The world's largest asset manager is getting involved in crypto. Get the full rundown here.
The family of Veritas Capital founder Robert McKeon is looking for $20 million from the firm in a lawsuit that sheds light on its Dyal Capital deal
Family members of Robert McKeon, the late founder of Veritas Capital, claim in a new lawsuit they are entitled to some of the money the PE firm received from deals with Dyal Capital last year. Read more here.
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%