Inside Ray McGuire's mayoral run — Innovation at QVC and HSN — Wall Street's plan for offices
While all the big US banks have already posted their third-quarter earnings, there are plenty of interesting companies still to report. This week includes IBM, AT&T, and Tesla.
Tune in on Tuesday, October 27 at 12:00 pm ET for a virtual event sponsored by Salesforce, looking at how Professional Services firms are navigating and driving growth during the COVID-19 era. Register here.
Wall Street has always had ties to the NYC Mayor's office.
Raymond McGuire, a former Citigroup executive, is looking to be the latest in a long line of financiers that have made the jump to NYC politics.
Dakin Campbell spoke to those who know McGuire, who stepped down as vice chairman at Citigroup earlier this month to officially launch his campaign, to understand what led him to make the jump, and what his biggest challenges will be.
Home-shopping giants QVC and HSN reinvented themselves to build a booming live-streaming business, and are betting on payments tech to take it to the next level
Shannen Balogh spoke to the CEO of Qurate Retail Group, the parent company of QVC and the Home Shopping Network, about how the traditional broadcast shopping shows are thinking about digital channels. Read more about their plans here.
Here's what 7 CEOs of major financial firms are saying about the return to office and the future of their real estate footprints
Everyone wants to know what the future of office space is. Alex Nicoll pulled comments from executives at some of the biggest financial firms during their third-quarter earnings calls to get a sense of what they are thinking. Check them all out here.
32 books on everything from the roots of value investing to the science of sleep that Wall Street rising stars say you should read to get ahead
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Gautam Adani drops out of top 10 richest people list: Just $2.2 bn ahead of Mukesh Ambani
- To not ‘police’ children’s creativity, moms create child-friendly art products & find investors on Shark Tank India
- India depended on others to solve its problems, it's now working to solve global problems: President Murmu
- Balaji Solutions, Enviro Infra Engineers get Sebi nod to float IPO
- Docu-series on Yash Chopra's legacy titled 'The Romantics' to drop on Netflix