The rise of Cathie Wood, the rockstar stock-picker whose ETFs are dominating 2021
- Cathie Wood has reached a cult-like status with day traders and professional investors alike.
- In 2020, ARK's ETFs grew at the fastest proportional rate of any ETF or mutual-fund manager.
- Insider spoke with investors, analysts, and fans about whether ARK's rise is sustainable.
View all Offers
- 66% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Embellished Cape Bomber Jacket (14652_Blue_Xl_Blue_XL)₹ 808₹ 2399Buy On
- 60% OFF
RIVER JJ Valaya Solid Men's Designer Denim Bandhgala Jacket_Blue_XS₹ 4499₹ 8999Buy On
- 52% OFF
Allen Solly Junior Boy's Girl's Jacket (ABJKEGLPT94157_Yellow_13 Years-14 Years)₹ 1799₹ 1799Buy On
- 80% OFF
RIVER Men's Blazer ASHISH N Soni Notch Lapel Regular fit with Full Sleeve (Blue Night, S)₹ 7989₹ 8999Buy On
- 80% OFF
Cloth Theory Boy's CTKDWINCN013_Grey_11-12 Years Cotton Sweatshirt Grey2₹ 1099₹ 1099Buy On
So far, this year has belonged to Cathie Wood. You could argue last year did too.
The founder of
Her funds have delivered eye-popping returns, with her flagship fund up more than 150% in 2020.
Wood has built such a large following that an announcement about a new ARK fund moved
Insider spoke with investors in both Wood's business and funds, longtime colleagues, analysts at her firm, and fans who chart her rise through newsletters and memes. They describe her leadership, which comes with four decades of
But threats are also looming: Talk of a stock-market bubble and an impending correction are brewing; the easy conditions created by massive fiscal and monetary stimulus could taper off as the economy recovers from the pandemic; and Wood's highly concentrated funds have ballooned, which has raised concerns about capacity.
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- GST on salaries? A new ruling can cause a lot of confusion and litigation
- Nykaa's rival Purplle raises $38 million from Pantaloon’s CEO, Sequoia
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022