The rise of Cathie Wood, the rockstar stock-picker whose ETFs are dominating 2021
- Cathie Wood has reached a cult-like status with day traders and professional investors alike.
- In 2020, ARK's ETFs grew at the fastest proportional rate of any ETF or mutual-fund manager.
- Insider spoke with investors, analysts, and fans about whether ARK's rise is sustainable.
So far, this year has belonged to Cathie Wood. You could argue last year did too.
The founder of
Her funds have delivered eye-popping returns, with her flagship fund up more than 150% in 2020.
Wood has built such a large following that an announcement about a new ARK fund moved
Insider spoke with investors in both Wood's business and funds, longtime colleagues, analysts at her firm, and fans who chart her rise through newsletters and memes. They describe her leadership, which comes with four decades of
But threats are also looming: Talk of a stock-market bubble and an impending correction are brewing; the easy conditions created by massive fiscal and monetary stimulus could taper off as the economy recovers from the pandemic; and Wood's highly concentrated funds have ballooned, which has raised concerns about capacity.
- Best HP laptop in India 2022: Which one is for you?
- Towards 'zero hunger': Odisha tops 'State Ranking Index' first under under National Food Security Act; UP, Andhra, and Gujarat also score high
- Best face creams and lotions for men in India
- Monsoon rain wreaks havoc in Himachal and Karnataka, orange alert in Gujarat
- Apple’s MacBook Air with M2 chip will go on sale from July 15, pre-orders starting July 8