Sensex gains 1,430 points, Nifty above 8,700 mark, banks among the top gainers on the equity indexes
- The BSE Sensex climbed 1,430 points and was up at 29,956 points.
- Nifty50 gained 4.7% and stood at 8,710.
- Indian Banks were among the top gainers in the early trade hours.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.39%, but Nasdaq Composite lost 33.56 points.
The S&P BSE MidCap index and the S&P BSE SmallCap index were up by over 2%. All sectoral indices are trading in the green.
Four out of top five gainers on the Sensex from the financial space.
|Top Sensex gainers||At 10:15 am|
HCL, IT giant and Reliance were among the top five losers of Nifty.
|Top Nifty losers||At 10:30 am|
The Indian market got some fillip from Wall Street, where the Dow Jones rallied 11% — it was the best day for the benchmark index in 87 years— before the US Senate approved the $2 trillion economic stimulus package proposed by President Donald Trump.
However, the mood in rest of Asia was cautious. The Chinese exchange, Shanghai Composite, was up by 0.04%, the Japanese Nikkei was down by 3.96%, and the Hong Kong-based Hang Seng was down by 0.04%.
SEE ALSO: Do’s and Don’ts for protection against COVID-19
Coronavirus News and Updates
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker
- IndusInd bank acquires more than 7% stake in both Eveready and Mc Leod Russel