France to modernise Ludhiana and Ambala stations, manufacture locos in Bihar
According to agreements signed in Delhi today,
The two significant pacts, marking stepped up cooperation in the rail sector, were signed after talks between Prime Minister
As per the agreement, the Madhepura factory will produce 800 electric locomotives with horse power of 12,000 each over a period of 11 years. The existing strength of electric locomotives is 6,000 horse power (HP).
The project would involve foreign investment of Rs 1300 crore, considered to be substantial in rail sector.
Alstom will be responsible for setting of the factory, manufacturing of the locomotives as well as maintenance.
Railways had decided in November to award the contract to Alstom for Madhepura electric locomotive project.
Production of locomotives with 12,000 horse power would be a quantum leap over the existing 6000 HP locomotives used for freight operations.
Under another agreement, France will extend its expertise to modernise Ambala and Ludhiana stations.
n expert team from France will come and study these two stations and accordingly a roadmap will be concretized based on its report, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
AdvertisementImage credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals