From the 'Amityville Horror' house to the former Versace mansion, here are 11 homes with criminal connections that have gone up for sale
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Many homes connected to famous crimes have been put up for sale.
- Recently, a Los Angeles home that was the site of a murder committed by Charles Manson's followers was listed for sale at $1.98 million.
- Childhood homes of convicted serial killers Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy have also been sold.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Believe it or not, it's not uncommon for people to move into homes that were once crime scenes or residences of notorious criminals.
Some homes with criminal ties have been sold more than once. For example, the Los Angeles condo where Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered in 1994 was put up for sale twice after the crime, according to the LA Times.
Former drug lord Pablo Escobar's property in Miami Beach has also been listed for sale, and most recently, a Los Angeles home where Charles Manson's followers murdered Leno and Rosemary LaBianca in 1969 was put up for sale with an asking price of $1.98 million.
Read on to find out which other homes connected to notorious criminals have been listed for sale.
A Los Angeles home where a couple was murdered by the Charles Manson family was put up for sale in July 2019 for $1.98 million.
This Chicago home once belonged to mobster Al Capone. It was put up for sale in February 2019, and it sold two months later.
Al Capone's Miami Beach mansion is for sale as of July 2019.
Pablo Escobar's Miami Beach property was up for sale in March 2019.
Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home in Akron, Ohio, has been listed for both sale and rental.
Famed fashion designer Gianni Versace was murdered outside his mansion in Miami Beach in 1997. The property has been sold multiple times, and it's now a luxury hotel.
The Los Angeles condo where Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered was put up for sale twice.
The Beverly Hills home where brothers Erik and Lyle Menendez were convicted of murdering their parents in 1989 has also been listed for sale.
In 2016, the Long Island, New York, home that was the site of the 'Amityville Horror' murders was put up for sale.
This Massachusetts home was the site of the 1892 murders of Andrew and Abby Borden. Their daughter, Lizzie Borden, was accused of the murder, which led to her sensational trial. The home has since been up for sale multiple times, and it's now a bed and breakfast and museum.
When Ted Bundy's childhood home in Tacoma, Washington, was sold and remodeled in 2017, a contractor reported finding eerie things there.
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World