From the 'Amityville Horror' house to the former Versace mansion, here are 11 homes with criminal connections that have gone up for sale
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Many homes connected to famous crimes have been put up for sale.
- Recently, a Los Angeles home that was the site of a murder committed by Charles Manson's followers was listed for sale at $1.98 million.
- Childhood homes of convicted serial killers Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy have also been sold.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Believe it or not, it's not uncommon for people to move into homes that were once crime scenes or residences of notorious criminals.Some homes with criminal ties have been sold more than once. For example, the Los Angeles condo where Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered in 1994 was put up for sale twice after the crime, according to the LA Times.
Read on to find out which other homes connected to notorious criminals have been listed for sale.
A Los Angeles home where a couple was murdered by the Charles Manson family was put up for sale in July 2019 for $1.98 million.
This Chicago home once belonged to mobster Al Capone. It was put up for sale in February 2019, and it sold two months later.
Al Capone's Miami Beach mansion is for sale as of July 2019.
Pablo Escobar's Miami Beach property was up for sale in March 2019.
Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home in Akron, Ohio, has been listed for both sale and rental.
Famed fashion designer Gianni Versace was murdered outside his mansion in Miami Beach in 1997. The property has been sold multiple times, and it's now a luxury hotel.
The Los Angeles condo where Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered was put up for sale twice.
The Beverly Hills home where brothers Erik and Lyle Menendez were convicted of murdering their parents in 1989 has also been listed for sale.
In 2016, the Long Island, New York, home that was the site of the 'Amityville Horror' murders was put up for sale.
This Massachusetts home was the site of the 1892 murders of Andrew and Abby Borden. Their daughter, Lizzie Borden, was accused of the murder, which led to her sensational trial. The home has since been up for sale multiple times, and it's now a bed and breakfast and museum.
When Ted Bundy's childhood home in Tacoma, Washington, was sold and remodeled in 2017, a contractor reported finding eerie things there.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government