Here’s an Ivy League alumni who is shaping India’s electoral politics
The Yuvajana Shramika Raithu (YSR) Congress, which is led by Jagan Mohan Reddy, is also celebrating a comfortable victory in both the Legislative Assembly and
And it seems they have someone to thank for that.
Kishor, who also advised the BJP during its successful general election campaign in 2014 as well as Nitish Kumar’s Janata Dal United (JDU) in 2015, spearheaded the
The party handily won all 25 constituencies in Andhra Pradesh and 144 out of 175 seats in the Legislative Assembly - a staggering victory by any measure. The 25 seats actually make it the third-largest single party in the Lok Sabha after the BJP and Congress.
For the last two years, Jagan Mohan Reddy’s party has been working with the Indian Political Action Committee (I-PAC), the organisation founded by Kishor. I-PAC had a coordinator in every constituency in Andhra Pradesh, providing feedback to the organisation’s leaders on a regular basis.
As a result of Kishor’s efforts, YSR Congress will form the government in Andhra Pradesh for the first time, displacing the incumbent chief minister Chandrababu Naidu and his TDP (Telugu Desam Party).
Jagan Reddy’s win marks the rise of the prodigal son
Narendra Modi has retained India's iron throne and reduced rivals to dust
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best wireless headphones for gamers
- Best smart TVs that come with a built-in voice assistant
- Best gaming mice for esports players
- Best mid-range laptops with 15-inch Full HD display
- Best budget laptops for video editing