Here's who owns Antarctica
Alhough scientists and the occasional tourist visits this white wonderland, no one permanently lives on Antarctica, making it the only uninhabited continent on Earth.
That begs the question: Who owns Antarctica?
During the first half of the 20th century, seven countries - including Britain, Norway, and New Zealand - laid claim to certain regions of Antarctica. However, their claims are only recognized by the respective countries themselves.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Bitcoin mining profit is shrinking with prices in dumps and difficulty on the rise
- Here’s why Axis Bank’s quarterly profit tripled in the last three months
- Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Card and other hot stocks on January 25
- India pays USD 29.9 million in UN regular budget assessments for 2022
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions